- With more than 5 million members, Aeroplan is Canada’s premier travel loyalty program.
- We issue more flight rewards than any other loyalty program in Canada because we channel redemptions from frequent, infrequent, and leisure travellers directly to our partner airlines.
- Members can earn miles while shopping or travelling with more than 150 partner brands in the financial, retail, and travel sectors.
- Aeroplan’s financial card partnerships with TD, CIBC, and American Express allow members to earn miles twice when they pay with an Aeroplan-affiliated financial card and provide their Aeroplan number when making a purchase with a partner.
- Members will automatically earn miles on purchases when they shop via the Aeroplan eStore, an online shopping portal that features more than 150 flagship retail brands.
- Aeroplan has expanded its portfolio of retail and service provider partnerships to include Toyota, Costco.ca and Home Hardware.
- Aeroplan has expanded its portfolio of travel service partnerships to include an exclusive agreement with the Avis Budget Group including Avis Car Rental, Budget and Payless. We also have partnerships with all major hotel chains such as Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and more.
- Aeroplan has a tiered recognition program (Aeroplan silver, Aeroplan black, and Aeroplan diamond statuses) that rewards top accumulating members based on miles earned across partners, with preferential mileage levels for flight redemption, bonus mile offers, and exclusive privileges.
- Aeroplan provides many options that are not typical for rewards programs. These include one-way flight rewards, ability to book up to two hours in advance, access to all seats on Air Canada operated flights with Market Fare Flight Rewards, ability to cancel for a refund; and, our members can redeem miles against taxes, fees and surcharges.
- We have 5 million active Aeroplan members, the vast majority of which are frequent spenders, not frequent flyers.
- On average, our members redeem once every two years, and those redemptions are predominantly for flights.
- On average, our most active members – those with Aeroplan diamond status – redeemed six times last year.
- In 2017, 2.7 million rewards were issued to members including 2 million flights – enough to fill 30 Boeing 777s every day of the year – and 700,000 non-air rewards.
- Flight rewards have climbed 20% since we launched our new credit card partnerships with TD and CIBC in 2014.
- Since launching merchandise, hotel, car rental and experiential rewards in 2004, more than 158 billion Aeroplan miles have been redeemed for non-air rewards.
- Members have redeemed more than 28 million flights to 1,300+ destinations around the world.
- Members have access to 28 airlines with more than 18,400 daily departures.
Aeroplan & Aimia in the community
- Aimia is a carbon neutral company since 2008.
- A loyalty industry first, Aeroplan created the Carbon Offset Program to allow members to offset their flight rewards or their everyday carbon emissions using Aeroplan miles. As of January 2018, approximately 279 million miles had been redeemed for carbon credits.
- The Aeroplan member donation program enables members to donate miles to charitable organizations including War Child Canada, MusiCounts, the Stephen Lewis Foundation, David Suzuki Foundation, Engineers Without Borders Canada, Médecins Sans Frontières Canada and Veterinarians Without Borders Canada. To date, more than 705 million miles have been donated by members.
- Aeroplan has a Charitable Pooling program that allows members to use miles to support individuals, families or local grass roots charities in need.
- Aeroplan was established in 1984 and has been owned and operated by Aimia since 2002.
 Within the cancellation and refundability period